Mr. AJ Hill is an associate attorney at Gilbert Employment Law. His practice is focused on civil rights law, and he represents both private sector and public sector employees in all aspects of employment law, including claims of discrimination and harassment based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, and retaliation, under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, age discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and disability discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Mr. Hill litigates on behalf of his clients before federal and state courts, as well as administrative forums such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Merit Systems Protection Board.
Before joining Gilbert Employment Law, Mr. Hill served as a judicial law clerk in the Superior Court of the U.S. Virgin Islands for the Honorable Denise Francois. During law school, Mr. Hill served as a Student Attorney for the Criminal Justice Clinic – Defense, where he represented clients before the Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Maryland. Mr. Hill also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Sally D. Adkins of the Maryland Court of Appeals, the court of last resort in Maryland.
Mr. Hill earned his Juris Doctor from American University Washington College of Law and graduated cum laude from Centenary College of Louisiana with a Bachelor of Arts in History. He is admitted to practice law in New York. Mr. Hill is also a member of the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. cum laude
- Centenary College of Louisiana
- B.A. cum laude
- – Whose Best Interest? Why Michigan’s New Adoption Law is Unconstitutional and Prevents the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services from Helping Adoptable Children, 2 ADMIN L. REV. ACCORD 17 (2016).
- – Thou Shalt Not Speak: Why the Establishment Clause Should be Concerned with Legislative Prayer in Bormuth v. County of Jackson, 23 TRINITY L. REV. 1 (2018).
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
Areas of Practice
- Employment Discrimination
- Civil Rights
Schedule an Initial Consultation
Use the link below or call us at (301) 608 – 0880