Andrew J. Perlmutter
Andrew J. Perlmutter joined Gilbert Employment Law, P.C. as Counsel in June 2021, focusing his practice on representation of federal employees in discrimination complaints, adverse actions, whistleblower reprisal complaints, federal sector retirement issues, security clearances, and other federal sector employment law claims. Prior to joining Gilbert Employment Law, Mr. Perlmutter was a Principal at Passman & Kaplan, P.C., a Washington, DC firm where he worked from 2007-2021, practicing in the area of federal sector employment law. From 2005-2007, Mr. Perlmutter was an associate at Melehy & Associates, LLC (formerly Zipin & Melehy, LLC) in Silver Spring, MD, where he practiced plaintiff-side employment law, chiefly representing federal sector employees.
Mr. Perlmutter received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 2004. In 2001, Mr. Perlmutter graduated from Cornell University with honors, with a major in Government and minors in International Relations and Law & Society.
Mr. Perlmutter is the co-chair of the Government Personnel Committee of the ABA’s Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice. For the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), Mr. Perlmutter is the Federal Employee Rights Liaison for the Amicus Advisory Committee, and the Chair of the Rulemaking Committee under the NELA Federal Employee Rights Practice Group. Mr. Perlmutter is also a longtime member of NELA’s local affiliate, the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- A.B., with Distinction in All Subjects, Cornell University
- Federal Employees Legal Survival Guide , 3rd Edition, Co-Author ‘Pocket Part’ for Federal Employees Legal Survival Guide, Co-Author “EEOC Federal Sector Law and 2007 Decisions on Attorneys’ Fees and Costs,” BNA Employment Discrimination Report, Vol. 32, No. 14 (April 8, 2008), Co-Author
Court & Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
Schedule an Initial Consultation
Use the link below or call us at (301) 608 – 0880