David Norken is Senior Counsel at Gilbert Employment Law. Prior to joining GEL, Mr. Norken served as an Administrative Judge at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Baltimore Field Office from 1997 to August 2020. Mr. Norken managed and ruled on thousands of cases, including issuing many findings of discrimination, and presided over a major disability class action that settled for $10M to the class and $20M in services. As a Trial Attorney at the EEOC, Baltimore District Office from 1987 to 1996, Mr. Norken prosecuted several class actions, including EEOC v. Westinghouse (Age, RIF). He also worked as the Acting Supervisory Trial Attorney from November 1991 to March 1992, and October to December of 1992.
Before joining the EEOC Mr. Norken held a number of legal positions including Staff Attorney at the Legal Aid Bureau’s General Poverty Law Practice in Centreville, Maryland, Executive Director of the York City Human Relations Commission in York, Pennsylvania, and Staff Attorney at the Appalachian Research and Defense Fund’s General Poverty Law Practice in Pineville, West Virginia. Mr. Norken maintained a Part-time Private Practice in employment discrimination and landlord-tenant law throughout this time.
- Juris Doctor, University of Maryland, 1977
- Bachelor of Arts, Antioch College, Baltimore Center, 1973, Major: Urban Policy Studies
- Administrative Judges Association, member, 2005 to present, Vice President, March 2012 to 2013; President, 2013 to 2018
- Member NAACP, 1989 to present.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Maryland, 1977
- District of Columbia, 1979
- West Virginia, 1980 (inactive)
- Pennsylvania, 1982 (inactive).
Schedule an Initial Consultation
Use the link below or call us at (301) 608 – 0880