Gilbert Employment Law, P.C. is a medium-sized law firm representing primarily employees in claims of employment discrimination, whistleblowing retaliation, adverse actions, and wage and hour violations before the EEOC, MSPB, and in local, state, and federal courts. Our main office is located in Silver Spring, Maryland (right over the border from Washington, D.C.). GEL is seeking a Payroll Administrator and Finance Associate to work with our law firm, which has approximately 40 full-time employees, as well as part-time law students. Qualified candidates should provide a current resume and cover letter detailing their interest in the position. Employment references should be available upon request. This position will report to the Firm’s Accountant and Managing Partner.
- Entering accurate timesheet data into external payroll system (Paychex) to prepare and submit biweekly payroll, including new employee enrollments, and making adjustments for changes and updates in withholdings, deductions, and compensation;
- Tracking and managing employee leave accruals and FSA/HSA funds;
- Managing electronic personnel files for employees;
- Assisting with payroll-related compliance reporting;
- Interfacing with external vendors for employee benefits for enrollments and changes in enrollment including health insurance, disability insurance, and retirement benefits;
- Assisting Accountant with management and tracking of Law Firm bank accounts including entering transactions into QuickBooks and preparing financial reports, including daily and weekly transaction reports and profit and loss statements and other reports;
- Assisting Accountant with monthly reconciliations of bank accounts and credit cards;
- Preparing monthly reports, including tracking of potential, new, and closed client matters, attorney productivity, and other metrics;
- Other finance duties as assigned
- Accurate data entry skills and attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Experience with QuickBooks (preferably QuickBooks Online) preferred;
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Confidentiality and respect for the privacy of employee records and payroll information
Our regular office hours are 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM with a 1-hour lunch break. Benefits package includes health, vision, and dental insurance, annual and sick leave, paid holidays, life insurance, Metro Smart Benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for childcare and medical expenses, Health Savings Account, and a 401(k) employer-sponsored retirement plan with both matching and profit-sharing components.
To apply, please email email@example.com using the subject line “Payroll Administrator/Finance Associate – Application” and include a resume and cover letter as attachments. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.